Monday, May 25, 2009

Not Park Güell, nor by Gaudi


A couple of hundred meters from my home a play ground outside a school was renovated 4 years ago. The result is this; some very strange figures inspired (I think) by Antoni Gaudi, Spanish architect and artist who made a lot of very strange buildings in Barcelona, among them the Cathedral La Sagrada Familia and the Park Güell. Who the artist is for this play ground, I haven't been able to find out, but as Gaudi died in 1926 it wasn't him:-)







4 comments:

  1. You are right, Gaudi is the first (and the only) coming to mind. Maybe not for the blue pagoda-man, but I think he could have liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly colorful, but yes, very strange. Almost like a kid got loose and exercised his/her imagination. Perhaps that's the point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely! I like especially the bench - I'm not sure if it's really comfy but looks funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange indeed...but intriguing...you cannot help but look twice...and then move it for a yet closer look! Very imaginative work...in keeping with it's purpose! What interesting sites you encounter everyday!!!! I always know that I will find something extraordinary when I visit you! You are fantastic! ~Janine

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)