Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Bridge you can't cross


The Bridge House (Brohuset) is on the surface quite ordinary, but it has one feature, that turns heads and make people gawk; the apartments on the bridges! I haven't figured out if these apartments are more expensive than the rest, but I believe so. An apartment without anyone upstairs or downstairs got to be pricier. The prices for the 123 apartments range from 1.000 Euro to 1.300 Euro a month for 80 m2 to 110 m2, so they don't exactly come cheap.


The building has 31 apartments reserved for the elderly, gardens on the roof and some communal rooms for parties and meetings. Not a bad place to live, I guess.

7 comments:

  1. I can't live in that apartment with no one upstairs or downstairs for two reasons: I don't have a head for heights and it's high-priced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful building, I like the garden on the roof idea. The 'brohuset' is really something I have never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still a lot cheaper than an apt in London

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I'm impressed with the creative architecture in Copenhagen. Might you feel like the bottom could drop out if you were living in the middle of the "bridge"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really unusual building!!! I'd love a tour of these bridge apartments...bet they are stunning! Wonderful photos, as usual! You are so very talented! ~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm… not I’m not sure what I would make of living on the ‘bridge side’ of this apartment blocks. I’m sure it must be interesting living in such an unusual living space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, like Henny, Asta and Cath, that I couldn't live in the "bridge" apartments. Just the thought that it was the cheapest contractor who got the contract to build it, is enough to make me stay away from this apartment:-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)