Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Balconies


Like I've shown you before the balconies in Ørestaden come in many different shapes and colours. This one is not an especially fancy building, except for these balconies. A lot more rounded than the ones seen before these appeal more to my taste than the triangular ones from the V-House of the VM Houses.

Ørestadshuset on the left, the Mountain
and the VM Houses in the middle

The building itself is a bit more ordinary; brown and square and a little anonymous compared to neighbours like the Mountain and the VM Houses. It's called Ørestadshuset and has 127 apartments. Almost all of them have been sold, so this is a popular house.

Tomorrows building will be a kind of a bridge that you can't cross.

7 comments:

  1. Your photos are excellent and the building looks good (127 reasons to believe this!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be popular for the view of open area soon-to-be-occupied. Now I get a better insight into the neighborhood through second image. The shadow, is it "uncrossable bridge"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your composition makes this look somewhat like a beehive. I love balconies, though; all kinds.

    Tagged me, heh? I don't know whether to thank you or ? ...

    But thanks, anyway; I appreciate the honor!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The balconies remind me of a maze, I enjoy your focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the dimensions that you capture through your lens... almost creating texture and breathing life (or a persona) into the balconies... like 'an alien web' character (lol - I think I'm letting my imagination run away with me). Lovely work, Christopher.

    ps Thanks for the TAG :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The closeup of the balconies is a great composition and shows the building's best feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Henny: The open area is a large park (not much there yet, but it's coming), so it won't be occupied. The un-crossable bridge is not the building in the background, but it resembles it.

    Thanks for the comments everyone:-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)