Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Different Shades of Grey



I pass this building nearly every day and each time I think: Why would anyone want to build a building in expensive grey stones on a grey pavement and a grey sidewalk and in a country where low grey clouds are the norm half the year? I just don't get it! I'm afraid that I'll walk right into it one day on a rainy day, not noticing it. The only colour is the minimarket on the corner, and that is maybe a bit too much colour:-)


The building is a new social housing in Valby called Valby Have (Valby Garden). Only the front building is grey. Behind it are a number of terraced houses in yellow brick with nice small gardens and a little wooden fence. Really nice, but with a neighbour like the grey building, I would think twice before moving here!