Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Different Shades of Grey



I pass this building nearly every day and each time I think: Why would anyone want to build a building in expensive grey stones on a grey pavement and a grey sidewalk and in a country where low grey clouds are the norm half the year? I just don't get it! I'm afraid that I'll walk right into it one day on a rainy day, not noticing it. The only colour is the minimarket on the corner, and that is maybe a bit too much colour:-)


The building is a new social housing in Valby called Valby Have (Valby Garden). Only the front building is grey. Behind it are a number of terraced houses in yellow brick with nice small gardens and a little wooden fence. Really nice, but with a neighbour like the grey building, I would think twice before moving here!

5 comments:

  1. "I'm afraid that I'll walk right into it one day on a rainy day, not noticing it."--- this comment made me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bright awnings are some kind of poetic justice against that grey building.
    The terraced houses are absolutely nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of the gray...As always, you capture the beauty in even the most overlooked objects...these are terrific!

    Also, I am here to tell you that I've nominated you for the Noblesse Oblige Award...visit my blog to pick it up! Congrats...you certainly fit the award's description! I'm proud to know you. ~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was funny, you know, walking into a gray building on a gray day. That's why the red awning is there - probably.

    You must have had a gray day. The red awning is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janine, I'm deebly honored by this award. I'll strive to live up to it:-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)