Sunday, June 14, 2009

Water spout


On a building in Frederiksberg Allé this strange water spout can be found. It's on a building called Sans Souci, a building build in the beginning of the 20th Century. The name is older though; here was a country home build in 1798 by master builder J M Quist who gave it the name of Sans Souci. A nearby restaurant also keeps the name alive.

Frederiksberg Allé have been called the Champs Elysees of Copenhagen, and the avenue do bear a kind of resemblance with that great place; tall trees line the strait broad street and the buildings from 1900 are rather nice. It's a fashionable (and expensive) address to have, but it's got very few shops, very little traffic and only a couple of café's to visit. Champs Elysees it's not, but I think it's a nice street anyway.

6 comments:

  1. This is really funny and full of imagination. I like the touch of the bike and the hydrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, is funny and the photo with this purple bile is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting spout...I need one for my house :-) Great shot, as usual! Just wanted to stop by to let you know I've gone temporarily into an underground bunker :-) Will catch you when I come back...but in the meantime, I didn't want you to think I was ignoring one of my favorite bloggers, you! All the best to you, my friend! ~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting water spout. It is certainly eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing, to be sure. One wonders if that strange creature has any particular symbolism or meaning...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Janine: Oh, but you haven't ignored me:-) As you might have seen in my previous comments on the latter posts I've been kept busy at work, so I haven't had the time I would have liked to comment on the blogs as usual. I try to make up for it in ht e days to come, but I do have some catching up to do...and too little time to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)