Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Theme start: Details


As I told yesterday, I'm starting a new theme today, details of the city. In this theme I'll show you lamps and poles, stone carvings and figurines, doors and windows, signs and posters, and all manner of details in the city of Copenhagen. I might not write so much to each post and I will only post a few photos at a time, but I'll try to show you what I think is the most important in a city, the details. A city can have great buildings and roads and loads of people, but what really defines it, is the smallest of details.

Today's image is from Toldboderne, the old tax booths on the wharf of Langelinie. Here a couple of dragon lamps give light to the area. They were designed by Vilhelm Dahlerup in 1892. They don't make them like this anymore...or rather that was what I thought! I'll show you tomorrow how sadly mistaken I was.

10 comments:

  1. What fabulous street lights...I wish that more American cities would take pride in the detailed artistic details of their cities' landscape! Love that lamp!!!! This looks like it's going to be another really great theme!!!! ~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting street lamp! I like this attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Detalis is my favourite theme! I love windows, doorways and all those little elements that make a whale. The dragon lamp is stunning - dragon itself looks as if escaped from the Ghotic cathedral's roof:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you and joo about details. I love details and I'm happy when I push the zoom lens to the limit and find something minor but worthy of a photo.
    This is an original and interesting photo, I'm awaiting the next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lamps Are Really Beautiful And Theme Is Also Perfect !!Hey Chritpopher !! I Have Got Smthing For You...Please Check My Blog For Surprise !!!unseenrajasthan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice..

    Telling the story through photos..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Asta: Thank you for the award. Even though I'e been given it twice before it's still an honour to recieve it. Especially from the one, who taught me how to blog:-)

    I'm glad that you all seem to like this new theme and I'll do my very best to keep the photos coming, at least until I decide to change the theme again, and that won't be for a while:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know what to say with this dragon lamp. It looks scary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is very nice. I liked the theme. This way we can get to know the city better.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)