Saturday, June 6, 2009

From red to green in 20 years


The Copper Tower or Plesner Building is just a stone throw away from the statue of the Little Mermaid on Langelinie Warf. It's covered in copper plating, and therefore it started out flaming red (I haven't got a picture of that), then turned brown but as the copper oxidise further it'll turn green in the next couple of decades. Built in 2004 it houses the international law firm Plesner and has shops and cafe´s on the ground floor.




Just across from it are the ferries to Norway and Poland, and next to it is a little old building; a former train station. The train station is preserved and so can't be torn down or moved.

8 comments:

  1. The train station is a jewel, they are right to preserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see that building when it has turned green! Thank you for the blog award :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Copper may very well be my favorite precious metal...This building will be even more magnificent when the copper oxidizes and takes on a verdigris patina! Ferries to Poland...how I would love to take one...As always, your photos are magnificent! I particularly love the final one in this series...the composition is so fantastic...contrasts of geometric patterns, horizontal lines, and grids! You turn photography into the most beautiful art form! Thank you! And thank you as well for your kind words...it means so much to me. You are a real friend, and I am so grateful for the internet! ~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about this building...I'll have to wait until it turns green...It's a rather attractive building, though.

    Love the little train station.

    Great photos, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello...

    Really the building is a cameleon..? because it changes it's color..!

    Curious... and beautifull photos..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like that shade of patina green that coper turns. Glad the train station is preserved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What An Amazing Building !! This IS Simply Awesome..I Loved Your Blog..Great

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)