Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Honest Scrap Award


Jacob of Creative Confections and Ocala Daily Photo has awarded me the Honest Scrap Award. This is a great honor, for the Honest Scrap Award is bestowed upon a blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver's opinion, brilliant. The Honest Scrap Award is for bloggers who post from their heart, who oftentimes put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul.

It is suggested that recipients provide 10 different ways in which they are honest. That is a tall order, as it's sometimes better not to be too honest ("Honey, do I look fat in this dress?"), but I'll try anyway:

  1. When writing on my blog I often has to refer to Wikipedia and a dictionaryI do my posts in advance, mainly to avoid being forced to abandon a daily post because of busyness.
  2. I positively hate to be the center of attention, especially at parties and conventions, so forget to get me to hold that inspiring speech.
  3. I do suffer acutely of vertigo. Rollercoasters and tall towers are not my thing. I do have a season pass to Copenhagens biggest amusement park, Tivoli, but that's only to enjoy the garden.
  4. I often cancel everything in the weekends, shut down my phones and refuse to open the door. I do need some time off from people from time to time.
  5. I'm lazy, especially when an unpleasant task has to be done. Why do it today, if it can be postponed until next month? Luckily enough I also work well under pressure.
  6. When having to choose between sports, reality programs and chicken breeding from the Faroes Islands on the telly, I choose a good book.
  7. I read a lot, but I prefer to be entertained instead of having to endure one of the litterary classics. Hemingway, Dostejevskiij and Karen Blixen are not on my bookshelves, Bernhard Cornwell, Robert Ludlum and Steven Pratchett are.
  8. The same goes for movies. I love a good movie, but I think life is too short to be bored by them.
  9. I'm a controle freak when travelling. Everything is planned from home and nothing is left to chance. I can change the plans on-the-fly, but that only result in new detailed plans.
  10. Also when travelling I have the principle that if it can't fit in one bag, something will be left behind.
It is also suggested the award be bestowed upon other deserving bloggers, and that I intend to do.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Christopher...this is a great honor coming from you especially!!!! Thank you! I am very busy right now...and so may have to wait to post this later in the week!! But I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! Also, I believe YOU TRULY DESERVE THIS AWARD!!!!! Hurrah!!! And I love your list...I can identify with so many of the items...except perhaps the fact that you by-pass literary classics...LOL...ah, well...Robert Ludlum and the others are fine writers! Have a terrific week! And thank you, my friend!!! ~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher, what a lovely surprise in the midst of all my stresses and busy'ness. I'm totally chuffed :) I will collect and post (and pass on) at some point. Once again, loads of thanks for such a generous honour! ps And MANY CONGRATS to you for all your AWARDS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so understand your no. 4! congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christopher, thank you for the "presento". I'm sorry, it took me so long to take this award. The prospect of being honest in front of you all sounds scary to me:). Can I just copy paste your honest list except for no.9&10?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Henny: You're most welcome of course, no license on ideas. And you don't have to be TOO honest :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)