Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A U-boat on dry land


Walking on Teglholmen to take photos of my modern building theme I did a double take; suddenly I saw what looked a lot like a miniature WWII German submarine standing on pallets on dry land. The submarine is called Kraka and was build in 2005 by inventors Peter Madsen and Claus Nørregård, and it's 12 m long and weighs 5300kg. Price: 30.000Euro. They have later designed a larger submarine called Nautilus. At this tip of Teglholmen there is yet room to develop, so it's used as a junkyard and a place to leave half sunken ships and houseboats.



In the background of the second photo you might notice the Metropolis building I've shown in an earlier post.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting photos: I never thought to see a sort of DIY submarine, but probably these guys know what are doing quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the top photo it looks like a 'menacing big fish' (lol). I agree with Vogon Poet... very interesting photos indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do a double-take, too. What a sight. Obviously, this thing is rusting away...I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)