Saturday, September 12, 2009

From moat to Tivoli Gardens

It's hard to tell but until the 1840's this was part of the fortifications around Copenhagen. Actually this lake was the moat just outside the western gate. When the inner fortifications were demolished because the city needed space to expand, this area was bought by George Carstensen to build his amusement park, the Tivoli Gardens. To this day Tivoli is one of the top sightseeing places in Denmark with its gardens, amusement rides and restaurants. In the coming time I'll show you some more photos of Tivoli.

3 comments:

  1. Tivoli is indeed a special place. It is especially magical at night. We were there in 2004 and they had a concert in the concert hall in TIvoli in honor of the birthday of the Prince who is the Queen's husband. I think they called him the Prince Consort, and I think it was his 70th birthday. We were coming out of a restaurant when the royal family was walking right by leaving the concert. I got photos of the queen and other members of the royal family from a distance of about two meters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!!! I see I must pack my paints and my easel and then, catch the next plane!!! LOL...Your photography remains ever exquisite, my friend! Cheers! Janine

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)