Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cain's Descendants


This statue of Cain's Descendants Jabal, Jubal and Tubalkan can be found in Valby in Copenhagen. It's made by Paul Maximilien Landowski in 1906 and is made of bronze. It was given by the fund Albertina to the City of Copenhagen. I've often walked past it without really noticing it but I decided to photograph it to my series of statues in Copenhagen. It's situated between apartment blocks just by a square called Toftegårds Plads and is a fine example of art in Copenhagen's residential areas. You literally can't walk for 5 minutes without seeing some kind of art in the streets. Really nice but you often don't notice or appreciate some of the gems that are hidden here.

Link to Danish site about the statue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)