Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Diskos Thrower


A good place to find statues is Copenhagen's Botanical Garden. One of the many fine statues is this copy of Discobolos by Myron. This is a nice place to take a break in the middle of the city. Here you can always find a quiet bench to read, eat your lunch or just reflect on life in general. Of course you can also take a look at all the plants and trees and with 23,462 living plants there's enough to look at for hours.

This post concludes my theme on statues in Copenhagen at this time but don't worry, I'll be back for more at a later time. With literally hundreds of statues in Copenhagen I won't run out of motives in a hurry:-)

Tomorrow I'll start a new theme; reflections. It'll be reflections of any kind, in water, glass, steel or maybe the kind that goes on inside one's head.

1 comment:

  1. What a pleasing uniform copper green color has this beautiful statue. Very good shot, awaiting the reflections...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)