Sunday, June 16, 2013

More litter


I know I've been raving about this before, but it strikes me each time I'm in Copenhagen early on a Saturday or Sunday morning. The amount of litter left over from the night's partying is just too gross, and even though the municipality try the best they can to keep up, it never seems to help. Why aren't the youths (and adults, btw) that litter not fined on the spot? Why are many of the fast-food joints, 7-Eleven kiosks and bars not fined when they don't even try to maintain their own part of the street? It's not about the law, as the fines for littering are actually very high when given, but it seems like neither youths, adults, shop-owners and the police just doesn't care about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)