Sunday, June 2, 2013

Curious penguin

 

I got the action cam GoPro Hero3 Black Edition a few days ago, and to test it I went to the Copenhagen Zoo. Here a very curious penguin tried to connect but didn't seem to understand that there was a thick glass wall between photographer and beak. The Hero3 camera is small, it's very easy to use with only three buttons, it got wifi so you can operate it with an app, and its 12Mp sensor can record both still, bursts of up to 30 shots in one second, time lapse and up to 4K video. But best of all, I think, is the frame rate, if you shoot in rather low resolution; 120 frames per second in 720 pixels. So if you shoot a clip with that and slow the frame rate down to 25 fps, you get a smooth slow-motion. Tomorrow I'll show you the whole video I shot yesterday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)