Sunday, January 20, 2013

Flowers in the snow

 

A detail shot from Vestre Cemetery in Valby, a great place to go to get some close-ups of details. Also a great place to wander through the Danish history of the last 100 years. Here you'll find the graves of primeministers, artists, magnates, soldiers from the two world wars, German refugees, immigrants from all over the world and ordinary people lying shoulder to shoulder. There's sections for Catholics and Moslems, for people from Greenland and the Faroe Islands, along with a host of others. Even though I've been here many times, I can still stumble over something I haven't noticed before.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)