Thursday, April 26, 2012

New take on lighting



If you have had a great photo spoiled because of a protruding street light or traffic sign you'll appreciate that these things are some of the most underrated bits of design ever. I'll be generous and say that Copenhagen in particular does not have the prettiest road lighting and it has always fascinated me that a country renowned for its good design could have such ugly objects spoiling people's views of beautiful architecture.

On a recent visit I saw this design which is for bicycle routes and uses sun and wind-power to generate its power eliminating the need for wiring. It is an improvement on the current system and I hope this gets developed further!

-RS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)