Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rosenborg Castle

Rosenborg Castle (Danish: Rosenborg Slot)was originally built in 1606 as a country summerhouse for Christian IV. It was built in the Dutch Renaissance style. Architects Bertel Lange and Hans van Steenwinckel the Younger are associated with the structural planning of the castle. There is a permanent exhibition of the Crown Jewels and the Danish Crown Regalia located in the castle. A Coronation Carpet is also stored there. -RS