Monday, August 3, 2009

Bay Window


Some of the houses in inner Copenhagen have bay windows, although they're seldom as beautiful as this one. I found it in Larslejsstræde and it decorates Skt. Petri Plejehus Thymes og Pelts Stiftelse, a building from 1899 that originally was an early hospital and nursing home for the German congregation at Skt. Petri Church right across the street. Today the building is part of Skt. Petri School, a Danish-German private school that dates back to 1585, making it one of the oldest schools in Denmark. Skt. Petri Church is the German church in Copenhagen and it is the oldest church in the inner city still in use. Tomorrow I'll show you what I also found here...and that isn't as pretty as this bay window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)