Thursday, March 7, 2013

Where's the bus?

 

One thing I remember from earlier visits to Malta is the old yellow and red Leland and Bedford busses from the 1950's and 1960's. They have recently been replaced by modern busses run by Arriva. So no more bumping around in a door-less relic with the fumes trailing behind and the sound of the struggling engine and grinding gear-shifts. No more wondering when the passengers are expected to jump out to push the near wreck up that steep hill or if the breaks doesn't work or the driver just don't use them on the downhill. I actually miss the experience, even though I'm sure most of the locals like change.

 

1 comment:

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)